Code of Conduct for Sonning Cricket Club Members and Guests
All members and guests of this Cricket Club will:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person within the context of cricket.
- Treat everyone equally and not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, parental or marital status, religious belief, class or social background, sexual preference or political belief.
- Not condone, or allow to go unchallenged, any form of discrimination if witnessed.
- Display high standards of behaviour.
- Promote the positive aspects of cricket, for example fair play.
- Encourage all participants to learn the Laws and rules and play within them, always respecting the decisions of match officials.
- Actively discourage unfair play, rule violations and arguing with match officials.
- Recognise good performance not just match results.
- Place the well-being and safety of children above the development of performance.
- Ensure activities are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the individual.
- Respect children’s opinions when making decisions about their participation in cricket.
- Not smoke, drink or use banned substances while working with children in the club.
- Not provide children with alcohol when they are under the care of the club.
- Follow ECB guidelines set out in the “Safe Hands – Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children” and any other relevant guidelines issued.
- Report any concerns in relation to a child, following reporting procedures laid down by the ECB.
* Members and guests include all members and officers of the cricket club and all guests of those members and officers, as well as all individuals who watch/attend/participate/ officiate in matches hosted by the club in whatever capacity.