Code of Conduct for Sonning Cricket Club Juniors
Sonning CC is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the Club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the Club with our Club Welfare Officer.
As a member of Sonning CC you are expected to abide by the following junior code of conduct.
All junior members must:
- play within the laws of the game.
- show the highest standards of sportsmanship and abide by the ethos contained in the MCC ‘Spirit of Cricket’.
- actively discourage unfair play, rule violations and respect officials and their decisions.
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards all aspects of the game.
- display high standards of behaviour
- demonstrate that he/she is a team player by supporting and encouraging fellow players.
- accept victory and defeat with grace and dignity.
- keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
- pay any fees promptly.
Junior members are not allowed to:
- use foul or abusive language on Club premises or when representing the Club.
- smoke on Club premises or whilst representing the Club at competitions.
- consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the Club premises or whilst representing the Club.